Mental Health Group Therapy is Now Available
at Hope Counseling of Kentucky
Hope Counseling of Kentucky Provides In-person and
Virtual Online Counseling
Whether you want to book an in-person counseling session or want to receive virtual counseling over the phone or online, Hope Counseling of Kentucky in Sebree, Kentucky offers outpatient mental health services for men, women, teens, and children. Hope Counseling also adds Group Therapy sessions to an individual’s treatment when working with others will improve his or her mental wellness and heal relationships.
Hope Counseling of Kentucky, part of Teen Challenge Southeast, provides outpatient in-person or virtual online counseling for men, women, teens, and children struggling with anxiety, depression, harmful thoughts, trauma, and PTSD. We also help with anger management, family conflict, relationship issues, isolation, and loneliness.
What is Mental Health Group Therapy?
Group therapy is a form of psychotherapy that involves one or more therapists working with several people at the same time. Mental Health Group Therapy is sometimes used alone, but it is also commonly integrated into a comprehensive treatment plan that also includes individual therapy and medication. The precise manner in which the session is conducted depends largely on the goals of the group and the style of the therapist. Some therapists might encourage a more free-form style of dialogue, where each member participates as he or she sees fit. Other therapists instead have a specific plan for each session that might include having clients practice new skills with other members of the group.
The principal advantages of Mental Health Group Therapy include:
- Mental Health Group Therapy allows people to receive the support and encouragement of the other members of the group. People participating in the group can see that others are going through the same thing, which can help them feel less alone.
- Group members can serve as role models for other members of the group. By observing someone successfully coping with a problem, other members of the group can see that there is hope for recovery. As each person progresses, they can, in turn, serve as a role model and support figure for others. This can help foster feelings of success and accomplishment.
- Mental Health Group Therapy is often very affordable. Instead of focusing on just one client at a time, the therapist can devote his or her time to a much larger group of people.
- Mental Health Group Therapy offers a safe haven. The setting allows people to practice behaviors and actions within the safety and security of the group.
- By working in a group, the therapist can see first-hand how each person responds to other people and behaves in social situations. Using this information, the therapist can provide valuable feedback to each client.
Ask Us About Mental Health Group Therapy at Hope Counseling of Kentucky If you want to learn more about affordable, in-person, and virtual online mental health services for men, women, teens, and children, including Mental Health Group Therapy, contact Hope Counseling of Kentucky now. Call 866-443-1481, or visit our website, www.kentuckyhopecounseling.com